As our county is now under review for moving from ‘Red’ status to ‘Yellow’ status in conjunction with managing the impact of COVID-19, the Church Council wanted to provide another update to the entire church membership on next steps for our church. Activities at First Baptist Church will resume using the following strategy:
Under PA status ‘Yellow’ – hopefully on June 5, 2020 (subject to PA governor announcement)
- Office hours return to ‘normal’ and employees return to work
- Worship services – sanctuary, then if overflow to other rooms
- Small group meetings (bible study, counseling) – limited to one room, reserved with secretary
Under PA status ‘Green’ – in the future (subject to PA governor announcement)
- Other group meetings (Youth, Choir, etc.), then after another two – four weeks
- Sunday School, Children’s church, Children’s ministries, Deaf Ministry, Nursery School, etc.
When we regather for worship under ‘Yellow’, please be advised that our church will be implementing some new procedures in alignment with guidelines set forth by the government. Highlights include:
- Space management – In the parking lot, traffic flow in/out/within the building, greeting, sanctuary seating, service procedures, restrooms.
- Logistics – Our sanctuary will be open for 25 family groups. If more family groups come, other rooms will be utilized so that no more than 25 family groups will be in one area. When possible and practical, please plan on wearing a mask during worship. The church will have masks available if needed.
- Cleaning – The sanctuary will be sanitized after each service.
- Personal safety – All those who feel the risk is too significant under ‘Yellow’ or even ‘Green’ should continue to worship at home and take advantage of the ‘live streaming’ of the 11 AM worship service.
Some additional updates regarding our church that you need to be aware of:
- The Church Council continues to hold weekly conference calls during this sensitive time.
- All paid staff will return to normal working hours in June 2020.
- We are targeting to hold our next Congregational Business Meeting in July 2020.
Finally, thank you for your continued diligence and stewardship in supporting the ministry at our church.